Massage therapists are trained professionals who employ massage techniques on clients to help reduce stress and relieve pain in muscles and joints. Therapeutic Massage is a vital profession in numerous health-related fields, including physical therapy, senior care, sports massage, chiropractic medicine and more.
At Heritage College, our Therapeutic Massage curriculum includes a wide variety of massage therapy techniques and modalities. Courses include instruction in Western massage, body work, myotherapy, reflexology and sports massage.
From the beginning, students will gain hands-on experience in order to acquire necessary technical skills in manipulation, pressure, friction and body work. By the end of the program, students have learned to launch, manage and grow a successful massage career with confidence. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to sit for the MBLEX national certification exam. The MBLEX is required for licensure in most states.
WHICH MASSAGE THERAPIST SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Consult with clients to assess and document client needs and expectations
- Develop individualized treatment plans
- Gain massage feedback as it’s given and adapt accordingly
- Understand conditions relieved by massage
- Be familiar with various modalities and comfortable with using each one
- Recognize contraindications of massage
- Maintain accurate client records
- Maintain confidentiality
- Recommend therapeutic exercise routines
- Maintain sanitary and ethical standards of professional body workers
WHERE DO MASSAGE THERAPISTS WORK?
- Fitness Centers
- Cruise Ships
- Private Practices
- Wellness Centers
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit www.heritagecollege.edu/disclosures.
AR: Therapeutic Massage is approved by ASBMT (Lic 1020). OH: Cleveland-OH REG 13-07-2021T, Columbus-OH REG 10-01-1914T, OH REG 10-01-1914T-LC. OK: Lic OBPVS