You have just found your dream job and are ready to apply. You also know this job will attract many applicants, so how do you make sure your cover letter and resume will rise to the top? One of the best ways to ensure you stand out from the crowd is to follow the instructions […]
If working under the direction of a licensed pharmacist to dispense medication and provide information to customers interests you, then working as a pharmacy technician may be the career for you. Pharmacy technicians work with licensed pharmacists and assist in providing medications to patients in retail or hospital settings.
Our pharmacy technician training program prepares pharmacy technicians for employment in entry-level positions in a pharmacy setting. Our comprehensive pharmacy technician training curriculum will focus your studies on pharmacology, narcotic controls, medical terminology, IV drug preparation, drug compounding, pharmacy law and more.
Graduates can expect to work in a professional environment with licensed pharmacists.
WHICH PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Work with prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Maintain patient medication records
- Count medications into dispensing containers
- Create prescription labels
- Prepare insurance claim forms
- Greet healthcare providers and patients in person and by phone; answer questions and requests
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy
- Verify prescription information and dosage
- Assemble 24-hour supply of patient medications
- Read patient medical charts and prepare medications based on these
- Prepare commercially unavailable medications
- Prepare sterile intravenous medications
- Operate computerized dispensing equipment
- Package each individual type of medication, separately and accurately labeling the medication with the prescribed dosages
- Safely store the prescribed medicine in the medicine storage unit
WHERE DO PHARMACY TECHNICIANS WORK?
- Retail Pharmacy Locations
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit www.heritagecollege.edu/disclosures.
AR: Licensed by SBPCE. OH: Cleveland-OH REG 13-07-2021T, Columbus-OH REG 10-01-1914T, OH REG 10-01-1914T-LC. OK: Lic OBPVS
Most people aren’t thrilled about dental appointments. For many, a sense of dread begins the moment they receive an appointment reminder. Others avoid dental appointments at the expense of their oral health. Among the many roles a dental assistant performs in their profession, easing patient fears and discomfort is a critical one. Before the dentist […]
If you have not worked as a medical assistant, it is highly likely you may not realize the versatility of the profession. Medical assistants can be found in physicians’ offices, medical clinics, hospitals and urgent care centers. They are an important member of a healthcare team, and according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics […]