Personal trainers are trained professionals who coach and educate their clients through various workouts that focus on strength, cardiovascular endurance and flexibility. They first listen to their clients and perform assessments to determine their clients’ fitness goals; then they develop an exercise program tailored to those needs. In addition, they go over nutritional needs, weight control tips and general lifestyle changes to help their clients reach their fitness, personal and health goals. The best part of being a personal trainer is helping other people while getting in the best shape of your life. At Heritage, our Fitness Training program teaches you real-world skills to help you qualify for entry-level positions in the fitness training industry.
You’ll learn different types of fitness training, client fitness assessment, anatomy and kinesiology, nutrition, weight management, biomechanics, focused communication/ cueing techniques and more. The curriculum is focused on providing students with the skills specified by the industry. Your dedicated instructor will make certain that you truly understand the materials so that you can pursue your career with confidence. You’ll go from fitness enthusiast to fitness professional in no time.
WHICH FITNESS TRAINING SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Meet with clients to assess and document needs and expectations
- Monitor fitness progress as related to goals
- Develop individual and group training sessions
- Screen clients to address and correct body mechanics and form to prevent injury
- Design safe programs for movement, strength and aerobic training
- Understand basic principles of diet and nutrition for weight loss and performance goals
- Understand and identify sports injuries and how to modify workouts
- Demonstrate usage of exercise equipment
- Demonstrate the appropriate technique for completing exercise movements
WHERE DO FITNESS TRAINERS WORK?
- Gyms and Health Clubs
- Spas Manufacturers
- Private Practice
- Cruise Ships
- Independent Contractor
- Retail Contractors
- Elder Care
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit www.heritagecollege.edu/disclosures.
AR: Licensed by SBPCE. OH: Cleveland-OH REG 13-07-2021T, Columbus-OH REG 10-01-1914T, OH REG 10-01-1914T-LC. OK: Lic OBPVS