The Medical Administrative Specialist program is a diploma program that includes lecture, lab and clinical experience. This program prepares students for entry-level positions as Medical Billing Specialists, Medical Coders, Claims Examiners, Healthcare Reimbursement Specialists and Health Insurance Specialists. Students will learn Diagnosis and Procedure coding standards and processes and will be prepared to sit for the NHA CBCS certificate. Upon completion of this program the graduate will receive a diploma.
WHICH MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Charting and medical documentation
- Database and software application usage
- Medical billing and coding
- Maintain patient files
- Insurance reporting
- CPR and basic first-aid
- Understand medical law and ethics
- General front-office operations
- Understand Medicaid and Medicare
- Budgeting and bookkeeping
- Review delinquent accounts/call for collection purposes
- Provide customer service
WHERE DO MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALISTS WORK?
- Nursing Homes
- Medical Offices
- Home Healthcare
- Alternative Wellness Facilities
- Medical Insurance Facilities Companies
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please visit www.heritagecollege.edu/disclosures.
AR: Licensed by SBPCE. OH: Cleveland-OH REG 13-07-2021T, Columbus-OH REG 10-01-1914T, OH REG 10-01-1914T-LC. OK: Lic OBPVS