Our Pharmacy Technician Program, available at our Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, school, provides you with courses and training required for entry-level positions in a pharmacy setting. Our comprehensive curriculum offers courses in pharmacology, narcotic controls, medical terminology, IV drug preparation, drug compounding, pharmacy law and more. Graduates will have the necessary skills to work with confidence in a professional environment with licensed pharmacists.
Pharmacy technicians work with licensed pharmacists and assist in providing medications to patients in retail or hospital settings. If working under the direction of a licensed pharmacist to dispense medication and provide information to customers interests you, then working as a pharmacy technician may be the career for you.
WHICH PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Work with prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Maintain patient medication records
- Count medications into dispensing containers
- Create prescription labels
- Prepare insurance claim forms
- Greet healthcare providers and patients in person and by phone; answer questions and requests
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy
- Verify prescription information and dosage
- Assemble 24-hour supply of patient medications
- Read patient medical charts and prepare medications based on these
- Prepare commercially unavailable medications
- Prepare sterile intravenous medications
- Operate computerized dispensing equipment
- Package each individual type of medication, separately and accurately labeling the medication with the prescribed dosages
- Safely store the prescribed medicine in the medicine storage unit
WHERE DO PHARMACY TECHNICIANS WORK?
- Retail Pharmacy Locations
Heritage College in Oklahoma City is not currently accepting applications for enrollment in the Esthetics program.
For our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.
Licensed by O.B.P.V.S.
For more info about Heritage, visit About Heritage.
Oklahoma Board of Private Vocational Schools, 3700 North Classen Blvd., Suite 250, Oklahoma City, OK 73118-2864, (405) 528-3370
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA
7202 S. I-35 Service Road,
Oklahoma City, OK 73149
YOUR NEXT CHAPTER STARTS HERE.
Easy to reach from both I-35 and I-240, our Oklahoma City campus is adjacent to the Plaza Mayor and features both a student resource center and a lounge along with 24 distinct instructional areas and classrooms.
As students prepare for their healthcare career, they often study in simulated, real-life settings including a therapeutic massage clinic and an esthetics salon that are open to the public, two X-ray labs, two medical assisting labs, a pharmacy lab, three computer labs, a surgical lab, an instructional gym for personal training students, and a veterinary technician lab.
Heritage College utilizes industry-standard equipment for our career education programs to ensure that students are prepared with the knowledge, skills and hands-on training needed for successful employment in their chosen field. Additionally, the campus offers a number of resources to assist students, and the faculty and staff are committed to the success of our students.