Our Pharmacy Technician Program, available at our Little Rock, Arkansas, school, provides you with courses and training required for entry-level positions in a pharmacy setting. Our comprehensive curriculum offers courses in pharmacology, narcotic controls, medical terminology, IV drug preparation, drug compounding, pharmacy law and more. Graduates will have the necessary skills to work with confidence in a professional environment with licensed pharmacists.
Pharmacy technicians work with licensed pharmacists and assist in providing medications to patients in retail or hospital settings. If working under the direction of a licensed pharmacist to dispense medication and provide information to customers interests you, then working as a pharmacy technician may be the career for you.
WHICH PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Work with prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Maintain patient medication records
- Count medications into dispensing containers
- Create prescription labels
- Prepare insurance claim forms
- Greet healthcare providers and patients in person and by phone; answer questions and requests
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy
- Verify prescription information and dosage
- Assemble 24-hour supply of patient medications
- Read patient medical charts and prepare medications based on these
- Prepare commercially unavailable medications
- Prepare sterile intravenous medications
- Operate computerized dispensing equipment
- Package each individual type of medication, separately and accurately labeling the medication with the prescribed dosages
- Safely store the prescribed medicine in the medicine storage unit
WHERE DO PHARMACY TECHNICIANS WORK?
- Retail Pharmacy Locations
Heritage College in Little Rock is not currently accepting applications for enrollment in the Massage Therapy program.
For our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.
Therapeutic Massage is approved by ASBMT (Lic 1020). All other programs licensed by SBPCE.
A branch of Heritage College, Oklahoma City, OK.
For more info about Heritage, visit About Heritage.
Arkansas State Board of Private Career Education, 501 Woodlane, Suite 104 South, Little Rock, AR 72201
LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS
1309 Old Forge Drive,
Little Rock, AR 72227
YOUR NEXT CHAPTER STARTS HERE
This easily accessible campus in Treasure Hills off I-430 and North Rodney Parham Road features two facilities.
The main building houses a student lounge, a resource center and fully equipped classrooms that support our hands-on approach to education. Less than a mile away is our second educational facility, which includes a massage clinic that is open to the public and an instructional gym for personal training students.
Heritage College utilizes industry-standard equipment for our career education programs to ensure that students are prepared with the knowledge, skills and hands-on training needed for successful employment in their chosen field. Additionally, the campus offers a number of resources to assist students, and the faculty and staff are committed to the success of our students.