Our Pharmacy Technician Program, available at our Kansas City, Missouri, school, provides you with courses and training required for entry-level positions in a pharmacy setting. Our comprehensive curriculum offers courses in pharmacology, narcotic controls, medical terminology, IV drug preparation, drug compounding, pharmacy law and more. Graduates will have the necessary skills to work with confidence in a professional environment with licensed pharmacists.
Pharmacy technicians work with licensed pharmacists and assist in providing medications to patients in retail or hospital settings. If working under the direction of a licensed pharmacist to dispense medication and provide information to customers interests you, then working as a pharmacy technician may be the career for you.
WHICH PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Work with prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Maintain patient medication records
- Count medications into dispensing containers
- Create prescription labels
- Prepare insurance claim forms
- Greet healthcare providers and patients in person and by phone; answer questions and requests
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy
- Verify prescription information and dosage
- Assemble 24-hour supply of patient medications
- Read patient medical charts and prepare medications based on these
- Prepare commercially unavailable medications
- Prepare sterile intravenous medications
- Operate computerized dispensing equipment
- Package each individual type of medication, separately and accurately labeling the medication with the prescribed dosages
- Safely store the prescribed medicine in the medicine storage unit
WHERE DO PHARMACY TECHNICIANS WORK?
- Retail Pharmacy Locations
For our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.
For more info about Heritage, visit About Heritage.
A branch of Heritage College, Denver, CO.
CERTIFIED TO OPERATE BY
Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education, PO Box 1469, Jefferson City, MO 65102-1469, (573) 751-2361
Kansas Board of Regents, 1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520, Topeka, KS 66612-1368
KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
1200 E 104th Street, Suite 300
Kansas City, MO 64131
YOUR NEXT CHAPTER STARTS HERE.
This convenient campus located off of I-435 and Holmes Road features a student lounge and a library along with fully equipped classrooms that support our hands-on approach to education.
With access to 16 labs and classrooms, students often study in simulated, real-life settings as they prepare for careers in healthcare. The Kansas City campus includes a massage clinic and an esthetics salon that are open to the public, medical assisting labs, pharmacy lab, and an instructional gym for personal training students.
Heritage College utilizes industry-standard equipment for our career education programs to ensure that students are prepared with the knowledge, skills and hands-on training needed for successful employment in their chosen field. Additionally, the campus offers a number of resources to assist students, and the faculty and staff are committed to the success of our students.