Our Pharmacy Technician Program, available at our Fort Myers, Florida, school, provides you with courses and training required for entry-level positions in a pharmacy setting. Our comprehensive curriculum offers courses in pharmacology, narcotic controls, medical terminology, IV drug preparation, drug compounding, pharmacy law and more. Graduates will have the necessary skills to work with confidence in a professional environment with licensed pharmacists.
Pharmacy technicians work with licensed pharmacists and assist in providing medications to patients in retail or hospital settings. If working under the direction of a licensed pharmacist to dispense medication and provide information to customers interests you, then working as a pharmacy technician may be the career for you.
WHICH PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SKILLS WILL I LEARN?
- Work with prescriptions and over-the-counter medications
- Maintain patient medication records
- Count medications into dispensing containers
- Create prescription labels
- Prepare insurance claim forms
- Greet healthcare providers and patients in person and by phone; answer questions and requests
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy
- Verify prescription information and dosage
- Assemble 24-hour supply of patient medications
- Read patient medical charts and prepare medications based on these
- Prepare commercially unavailable medications
- Prepare sterile intravenous medications
- Operate computerized dispensing equipment
- Package each individual type of medication, separately and accurately labeling the medication with the prescribed dosages
- Safely store the prescribed medicine in the medicine storage unit
WHERE DO PHARMACY TECHNICIANS WORK?
- Retail Pharmacy Locations
For our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.
For more info about Heritage, visit About Heritage.
Commission for Independent Education
Florida Department of Education License: 2367
Board of Massage Therapy; Student Massage Clinic #MM12249
In accordance with Florida Administrative Code, Chapter 6E-2.004(1)(b)1. and Florida Statutes, Chapter 1005.02(4) Heritage operates under the name “Heritage Institute” in Florida. All other Heritage campuses operate under the name “Heritage College.”
The Florida Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education since 1/26/2001 – License #2367.
Additional information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission Licensure Department 325 West Gaines Street, Suite 1414, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400, Toll-free (888) 224-6684 or (850) 245-3200
Massage Clinic License #MM12249 is issued by the Florida Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance, Board of Massage Therapy
FORT MYERS, FLORIDA
6630 Orion Drive, Suite 202
Fort Myers, FL 33912
YOUR NEXT CHAPTER STARTS HERE.
This easy-to-get-to Heritage Institute campus next door to the Gulf Coast Medical Center features a student lounge and a resource center along with fully equipped classrooms that support our hands-on approach to education.
As students prepare for their healthcare career, they often study in simulated, real-life settings, including a veterinary surgical suite, a massage clinic, an X-ray lab, a medical assisting lab, a pharmaceutical lab, dental lab and an instructional gym for personal training students.
Heritage Institute utilizes industry-standard equipment for our career education programs to ensure that students are prepared with the knowledge, skills and hands-on training needed for successful employment in their chosen field. Additionally, the campus offers a number of resources to assist students, and the faculty and staff are committed to the success of our students.